Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Day One


Day one...

WOW, I can not even begin to explain how many meanings Day one has to me right now.  Yesterday, we laid my grandmother to rest.  So, today is day one where I won't be able to see her if I wanted to.  Today, I turned off most of her utilities.  So, this is day one that their house has been without cable and phone.  I drove away from my hometown with a sad but thankful heart.  So, today is Day one of starting to deal with my sadness and work through this loss.  My family is forever changed....however, I know my mom, granddaddy, grandmother and sister had a beautiful reunion with Meme.  I also fully believe that she has started her journey in Heaven.  So thankful!




Day one...

Today is day one of slice of life writing.  Day one is exciting because I have looked forward to this month since last year.  Yes, this blogging process is tough and sometimes very challenging.  However, it was one of the most rewarding things that I have completed.  I even bought a t-shirt to mark it done!  

So, day one...

The cool breeze and sunshine today has given me the feeling that this journey of blogging is going to be precious and new.  So, here's to day one!  May we all walk away stronger, bolder, and more thankful 

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of you my dear, sweet friend. I'm glad you are joining the challenge and using this space to process your joy and your grief. I know your Meme would be proud the post you shared today. Strong, bold and grateful are an awesome combination!

    ReplyDelete