Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Rest .... #SOL2016








Today has been a day of rest.  I have returned from my childhood home to my adult home.  I have taken time today to reconnect with being a wife and dog-mom with my own responsibilities.  The last five days have been packed with family that I adore, extreme emotions, cleaning, dealing, contacting, reflecting with precious friends, and beginning the process of closing out my family's life in Paris.  This process is far from over because there are still drawers to open, notes and pictures to find, and lots to do.  




However, for today there is rest.  




Rest is so precious to me.  I believe in taking time to be quiet.  I believe in silence.   I need it..in fact, I long for it.

Tomorrow I will jump back into the race of grad school, getting ready for STAAR writing, expectations, goal setting, and strongly finishing the 2015/2016 school year, but for today...there is.... rest!








2 comments:

  1. What a delightful and refreshing blog you have! I've enjoyed browsing through your posts. And your photos are beautiful.

    I too am a fan of rest, but then hop right back into the hustle and bustle of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, I'm glad you practiced some self care today. Rest is essential to our health, happiness, and over-all well being.

    ReplyDelete