Saturday, March 26, 2016

My front porch #SOL16


This morning I sat on my front porch!  I love my front porch!   It is peaceful and the birds were in the trees filling the moment with fun chirps.  The sun was warming my skin, and I took the time to enjoy every moment of it.


I really should have grabbed the broom and cleaned it off, but I just enjoyed and soaked it in to my soul.  I would love to say that I had purchased brilliant blooms to fill the beds full of color, but the pots and beds are waiting until I have the funds.  


However, three years ago, I added two purple rose bushes.   Purple was my mother's most favorite color, and roses delight my nose and are easy to care for.  I knew the plants had leaves on them, but I didn't know there were any blooms.  When I sat down, I looked to the right and this beautiful blossom was a surprise that brought tears to my eyes.

It was if it was placed there for me this morning.  It was blessing that I didn't know I even needed.


As we wait for Easter to come,
  • I am reminded of God's faithfulness to give me a Mother, Grandmother, and Grandfather who loved His earth and the beautiful plants that give it color.  
  • I am reminded that He has me in mind and delights in me.  
  • I am reminded how precious life is
  • I am reminded that I need time to stop and enjoy life
  • I am reminded how precious people who I love are
  • I am reminded that there is beauty being created in the wait
  • I am reminded how much I am loved and it was a sign of



4 comments:

  1. You have such a relaxing-looking porch, with so much sunshine. And that rose is beautiful. I can almost smell it. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, this is so special. I love porches and roses and yours look inviting. I too am blessed by God's faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so envious of your special place! I can't wait until it warms up to sit on my deck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so envious of your special place! I can't wait until it warms up to sit on my deck!

    ReplyDelete