This morning I sat on my front porch! I love my front porch! It is peaceful and the birds were in the trees filling the moment with fun chirps. The sun was warming my skin, and I took the time to enjoy every moment of it.
I really should have grabbed the broom and cleaned it off, but I just enjoyed and soaked it in to my soul. I would love to say that I had purchased brilliant blooms to fill the beds full of color, but the pots and beds are waiting until I have the funds.
However, three years ago, I added two purple rose bushes. Purple was my mother's most favorite color, and roses delight my nose and are easy to care for. I knew the plants had leaves on them, but I didn't know there were any blooms. When I sat down, I looked to the right and this beautiful blossom was a surprise that brought tears to my eyes.
It was if it was placed there for me this morning. It was blessing that I didn't know I even needed.
As we wait for Easter to come,
- I am reminded of God's faithfulness to give me a Mother, Grandmother, and Grandfather who loved His earth and the beautiful plants that give it color.
- I am reminded that He has me in mind and delights in me.
- I am reminded how precious life is
- I am reminded that I need time to stop and enjoy life
- I am reminded how precious people who I love are
- I am reminded that there is beauty being created in the wait
- I am reminded how much I am loved and it was a sign of