Saturday, March 5, 2016

Thank you for loving me #SOL16

My beautiful boyfriend serenaded me this morning.  No, Jon didn't come through the screen like I have dreamed since I was thirteen, but he sung these words that melted me into a puddle.

                Thank you for loving me 
                For being my eyes 
                When I couldn’t see 
                For parting my lips 
                When I couldn’t breathe 
                Thank you for loving me 

                You pick me up when I fall down 
                You ring the bell before they count me out 
                If I was drowning you would part the sea 
                And risk your own life to rescue me 

I think this splendid melody is about lovers who finally realize their appreciation for each other's love.  By letting the notes spill around me, it instantly brought to mind the marvelous souls that God has graciously placed in various points of my life.  I can not count the number of people that I genuinely love!  My list has been blessed with new faces over the course of my lifetime, but they haven't taken anyone's place.  They have just enriched and added to my blessings.

Stopping to appreciate the people in my world is so important to me.  I want to pour into them. I want to spend time with them.  Years ago, I was given the inspiration to start writing letters to people who have touched my life and thank them for that simple gesture.  However, I never made the time to sit down and bring to life the words that were dancing in my head.

After loosing another important person this week, I have a renewed desire to thank those who picked me up when I fell, didn't give up on me, and loved me with all that they had to give.

People in our life moments are precious, and I am thankful for music that will inspire me to appreciate all that I have been given!

Now, my gift to you....  ;)

13 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful slice! I love how you appreciate all the people God put into your world! Your line is perfect: They haven't taken anyone's places, just enriched and blessed it.... Thank you for sharing this slice today - something important of all of us to think about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and responding!!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. I love being your friend. You truly are good inside and out. I am always a better person when in your company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me better, too! I just love being your friend!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful morning. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful morning. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet! Thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet and lovely way to greet you as the day begins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet and lovely way to greet you as the day begins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your post. It is a reminder not to take those we love or those who love us for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your post. It is a reminder not to take those we love or those who love us for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your post. It is a reminder to not take those we love or those eho love us for granted.

    ReplyDelete