Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Schedules #SOL16

I remember when I was in college and a dear friend of mine got married.  I called her one night to ask something, and it was bed time.  It was early!  Like 8:30 early!  She was very short with me, and reminded me that I needed to call earlier.  I was appalled and wondered what had happened to her!

She married a fabulous guy who had an early morning, and her schedule changed to accommodate her new husband.  I was completely flabbergasted.  I didn't realize that my schedule had changed, too.  I was on the college classes, late nights at the architecture building, football games, and roommates schedule.

We were on different schedules.

Fast forward twenty years and a new schedule is part of my routine.  Now, I am married to a great guy who has to be up early.  We go to bed super early, and it works for our early mornings.  Some think it is crazy and don't understand why.  It's just the way that works for us.

There are nights when I long for the "old days" and try to stay up, but I end up sick to my stomach and worn out.  I am just not built for that schedule any more.

I guess just like everything else....schedules change.

2 comments: