Thursday, March 3, 2016

Sweet Mercy #SOL16



This has been a week of change and graves.  Yep,  you read that correctly.  On Monday, I said goodbye to my grandmother.  It was very emotional, but we are so thankful that she isn't suffering any more.


Yesterday was my last day off.

So, I decided to stay home and rest.  Jason had said during his trips back and forth from Paris to Providence that Mercy didn't look great.  So, yesterday, I stayed home.  I bathed her.  I loved on her.  I was just there with her.  We sat in the sun.  We snuggled.  She whimpered a little, but she was content.

We went to bed thinking that she was strong enough to make it through the night.

Well,
            we woke to find that our Sweet Mercy Girl had crossed over the Rainbow Bridge.


So, at 4 am, my handsome husband and I buried our second puppy.  I am thankful that she is whole and healthy, but I have already looked around the house for her several times.  She was the "chatter".  She would yap and talk to me.  I will miss her sweet little voice.

Oh, Sweet Mercy, I miss you so much!





 Oh, Sweet Mercy....



13 comments:

  1. Oh Mandy! I am so sorry that you are walking through this season of storms. I hope that there are clear skies ahead for you and Jason!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very sorry for your losses. What a tough week. Your SOL community is here to listen as you work through your grief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! So sorry to hear you've experienced so much loss this weekend. Your dog looked adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy, you have suffered great loss! I hope you find comfort and peace from the love and prayers for you! I will keep them coming your way!🙏🏻💞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very precious to me! Thank you for loving me and showering me with your prayers! I do feel them!

      Delete
  5. Oh how sorry I am for your loss.
    Our fur-babies are so precious.

    Forgiving of our moods and our biggest fans always.

    Oh, the Rainbow Bridge.
    What a reunion that will be.

    So thankful you had a precious last day together. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! Fur-babies are a gift! She will be missed, but oh the reunion!

      Delete
  6. I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. :( Prayers and positive thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about the loss of both of your family members. I can't imagine what you're going through, thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about the loss of both of your family members. I can't imagine what you're going through, thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to read about the loss you and your husband are going through right now. You were very bold and brave to share with us.

    ReplyDelete