Monday, March 14, 2016

My Walk Down Memory Lane #SOL16

The second full day of cleaning out Meme and Grandaddy's house had us going through dresser drawers that had more pairs of panty hose than any woman should own!  I mean really!  Some were exquisite and some were just comical!  The difference between the my grandmother and mother in 1950s/1960s and myself today is definitely that I DO not own as many pairs of panty hose or slips!  Growing up, I can remember getting ready for church and getting fussed at if I didn't have on one of those two necessities.  What can I say...I am a rebel!

Ellyce had a great time making new dresses out of the dyed shoes and slips!
 


We found many of Mom's treasures.  Her beautiful Barbie doll that I wanted to play with so badly, but it was in original gear...so hands off... was still in the closet where I had remembered her.  I pulled her out, dusted her off and took a few photos.  



Then, I went to drawers that held, yes, you guessed it...more panty hose and slips!!!  I also got to see Mom's senior trip through her eyes!  They went to New York.  She talked about that trip with great fondness, and I felt like she was watching over me and describing each souvenir she had saved.  These little pictures that they use to print are one of my favorites.  I loved seeing New York in these! 


Throw in several cards and postcards to lots of baby shoes to more panty hose to several scarves and you get the idea of what my day was like!  

Memory lane was a beautiful sight today full of love and laughter!!!



3 comments:

  1. Bittersweet, isn't it? I'm glad you guys have this time to go through all the pantyhose and memories together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my mother trying to get me to wear a slip when I was seven. I detested it. I don't think I've owned one since high school!

    ReplyDelete