Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Handwriting #SOL16

Today was full of moving furniture, starting the tedious job of sorting clothes and cleaning out closets.  However, in the shuffle of sorting and moving, we found drawers full of greeting cards.  So, today, I took time to go through cards that dated back to the 1940s.  I read each sentiment and took pictures of names and handwriting that have blessed my life.

I found cards from mom to dad and dad to mom.  I found cards where letter formations were just beginning and ones where handwriting had gotten shakier with age!  It was our entire family history in Christmas, Valentine's Day, Father's Day, Mother's Day and general love cards.


There were simple ones and ornate ones.  There were ones from my grandfather to my grandmother filled with his love and devotion.  There were homemade ones and store bought ones.   There were ones sent from far away places and ones that were handed across our dinner table.  Each of them were once held and given to someone that I love so much.



Today, time stopped and I journeyed through our family history through the handwriting of those that have filled my life with love and joy!



4 comments:

  1. I'm grateful for your post. I love seeing my parents' handwriting as they are now gone. Somehow their writing connects me to them because I recognize and love their individual scripts. I love the collages of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grateful for your post. I love seeing my parents' handwriting as they are now gone. Somehow their writing connects me to them because I recognize and love their individual scripts. I love the collages of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post! So glad you took pictures so you can always have those memories and connections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post! So glad you took pictures so you can always have those memories and connections.

    ReplyDelete