Sunday, March 6, 2016

Family, Friends, and Flowers...always an adventure! #SOL2016

Saturday and Sunday are two glorious days!!  I love the possibility that Saturday and Sunday hold. There is much to accomplish and much to enjoy.  Each day is the promise of an adventure.

Saturday started slow with a sore throat and a need to rest.  Jason had some things to do around the house and he hopped to them.  While he was busy, I took some time to hang out and relax. After a few hours, I decided to take myself out for a visit to a local art store.  I have started a #bulletjournal, and I always need to check to see if there are any pens that need to join my doodling/listing/journaling habit!

So, I strolled through the isles slowly enjoying the beautiful products that called my name.  I have had a long history of loving art and the supplies that are needed to be successful.  However, I am looking for a fountain pen, and they didn't have what I was looking for today.  I left without a purchase, but knew I would return another day to fill my precious new pen bag with other goodies.



Saturday evening, we joined my dad's side of the family at a glorious wedding for my cousin Katherine and Bryan.  I have mentioned how precious the people in my life are to me, and my family is some of the best people I know!  I was surrounded by uncles, cousins, a nephew, a niece, my brother, sister in law, dad, aunts. step mom....it was glorious.  The best part, this guy that was my date asked me to dance!  Y'all, I am not kidding when I say I was floating!  We haven't ever danced like that, and this girl was delighted!  The whole night was filled with laughter, stories, dancing, wine, more stories, a ton of laughter, and a little chocolate.  It was a perfect Saturday!





 
 





Sunday started at a much faster pace.  I met Tara and Tenille that morning to head to Dallas.  I was needing some friends, flowers and sunshine.  These two were brave enough to join me on a Sunday morning adventure.

Together, we went to the Arboretum to frolic with the flowers.  We walked and talked and let the sun warm our soul while the wind whipped around us and tickled our skin.  The tulips danced and my heart began to float!  Hanging out in nature is one of my love languages...I am sure of it!







I am so thankful for two glorious days and the people who filled them!






12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend and with the people that you love. I am envious of your sunshine and flowers. We experienced high 40's today and melting snow, always a promise for springtime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh goodness, 40s and melting snow is what we had last year at this time. We are shocked by how warm and sunny it has been!

      Delete
  2. Yep, family and friend time is always the best. Can't wait until it is warm enough for us to have flowers, at least another month and a half or more. Enjoy them while you can

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, family and friend time is always the best. Can't wait until it is warm enough for us to have flowers, at least another month and a half or more. Enjoy them while you can

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I am ready for it to be officially spring! We really didn't have much of a winter here!

      Delete
  4. I love your pictures and that you are starting a bullet journal! They are amazing. So glad you are feeling better. I am in Texas too! Hello from Austin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello in Austin!! I am loving my bullet journal! I started in January. Every month gets a little better!

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! I am going to have to look into a bullet journal. I have never heard of them! I love your addition of pictures. I can't seem to add any to mine on the iPhone, so I need to go back to the computer for this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a great weekend.

      Instagram is a great place to get information about bullet journaling, too!!!
      www.bulletjournal.com
      http://www.bohoberry.com/

      Delete
  6. Loved every minute of our adventures. So grateful you initiated this amazing experience! Thanks for being your Mandy. You make me a better human.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful recap of your weekend. I could feel spring reaching out to me in the pictures you captured of the amazing flowers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete