Friday, March 25, 2016

Rest #SOL16

I will be the first to admit that I really wanted some snow and ice this year.  I wanted to have multiple days off like we have the last few years.  However, we made it to March 25th without any inclement weather that would shut our schools down!  So, we find ourselves with a Weather Day off.  I can not tell you how many times I had to try to explain this calendar event to my 4th graders.  They just didn't get why we were out of school today.  They weren't complaining, mind you, but they were confused.

So, since I have a work day off, I decided I needed to run to my hometown (about an hour and half away) to go to the bank and run some errands.  A quick trip full of sunshine, loud music, traffic, and hometown.  Sounds great!  However, since today is also a very precious day in the Christian calendar, the bank that I needed to go to is closed.  Thankfully, I checked that before the sun and wind were in my hair.  I have to admit that I love that they are closed for Good Friday.  It totally reminds me of home and how things use to shut down on Sunday and holidays.  It made families stay home.  It MADE us rest.



So, what do I do with a day off?  A day were errands can't be run and things have come to an abrupt halt.  I opened the windows to let the warm, golden sunlight flood my house, and I sat down to reflect.  The last few weeks of my life have been anything but restful.  I feel like God is telling me I need to stop.  I need to pour myself out to him, and just be!  I need to stay home and reflect, pray a lot, probably cry, and focus on my new normal.  I need to read and catch up on grad school stuff.  I need to journal through my thoughts.


I need to rest and trust!

7 comments:

  1. Rest is always good. That's what I'm doing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord has halted me in my steps. Gave me kidney stones this week to encourage me to rest. It's been a welcomed rest in Him. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a way of getting us to stop. Sometimes it isn't my favorite ways, but when I am stubborn, He gets the point across. Thankful you had time to rest!

      Delete
  3. I long for the days when everything was closed on Sunday, when we respected family time. Your post reminded me just how much I miss them. Enjoy the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I long for the days when everything was closed on Sunday, when we respected family time. Your post reminded me just how much I miss them. Enjoy the rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am enjoying my rest. I, too, miss those days!

      Delete