Sunday, March 12, 2017

Teaching Tool...who knew? #SOL17


Taking a minute to look around her room, I noticed the delicate design on each chart holding precious new learning.  The soft muted colors called out to me, and anchored the content to the third graders she serves.  At first I noticed the fonts and illustrations, but then the ink of the designs was a true treasure.  

Molly was shocked when I finally got my nerve to ask what type of marker she had used.  Knowing that I love markers of all kinds, she was in complete denial that I might not have a collection of these marvelous tools.  

However, I have never even written with one of them.

How can this be?

Today, my husband made all things right!  Now my students will have beautiful charts to grasp their attention and decorate our room.


Thank you, honey!  I can't wait to make my first anchor chart with these!

10 comments:

  1. Do you know Mr. Schu, a librarian and speaker? Anyway, he smells books before reading them aloud. It's a thing he does. Well, with scenty markers, now your kids and smell your charts. Soak them in with more of their senses. Try it. (And maybe video it) It's a great time of learning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is a fabulous connection and idea! Yes, I know he smells books, and I can NOT wait to have them smell the charts!

      Delete
  2. Only another teacher understands your excitement to use a new marker to make a new anchor chart! Have fun tomorrow. And thanks to your husband for getting you the desired tool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My charts will have to wait a week. We are on spring break this week, but it is worth the wait!

      Delete
  3. OMG - Mr. Sketch chisel tip markers -- the BEST chart markers around! Welcome to the club!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      I do feel like I am not part of the club!!!

      Delete
  4. They are the ONLY markers we use. We even got them as teacher "welcome" gifts this year from our principal.

    WORTH IT! Enjoy!

    P.S. Don't forget to smell your anchor charts too! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See!!!! We need to share this stuff! So much fun! I can't wait!

      Delete
  5. They are the ONLY markers we use. We even got them as teacher "welcome" gifts this year from our principal.

    WORTH IT! Enjoy!

    P.S. Don't forget to smell your anchor charts too! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome that your principal gave them this year! Awesome! I will definitely be smelling my charts!

      Delete