Saturday, March 25, 2017

My Stack #SOL17

I have read some amazing blogs this month, and usually, I remember to link to the ones that I plan to reference.  Unfortunately, I totally forgot to do that this time.  So, if anyone reading this knows who to give credit to, please comment below.

We have learned a ton from each other, but this great post was about the stack of books on her bedside table.  After I read her post, I looked around my classroom, and I realized I could tell a ton about my students if I took time to look at their stack.  

Therefore, I decided that I absolutely must do this post, too.  



So, here is my current reading stack...minus the graduate books that I am using to write an assignment.

The Last Kids on Earth and the Zombie Parade is a sequel, and my kids are loving it. So, I brought it home.  The first one was wonderful!

Some Kind of Courage  is a Bluebonnet nominee, and I have heard amazing things about it.  So, I brought it home, too.

Three years ago, I had two boys who begged me to read Riordan's books.  I put them off all year, and then the summer after they left me, I picked them up.  NOW I can't tell you enough how much I love Rick Riordan's work.  So, his two latest ones have made their way to my stack.  The Hidden Oracle and  Hammer of Thor.

I am a lover of 80s rock, and if I had been born five years earlier, I would have been a total groupie on Sunset Strip...or I would have tried REALLY hard to be.  I read an article about Carol Miller, and went to the library to grab her biography.  I have slowly been working through it and her perspective of 80s rock.

Soar is another Bluebonnet nominee that was recommended to me, so it was added to the stack.

Present Over Perfect is the bible study that my dear friends, and I are working through right now.  I highly recommend it if you are in a season of life where you need to refocus.

These are the friends that sit next to my bed each night.  I think it is time to close my computer and open a book!

11 comments:

  1. I have so many stacks. On my desk, on my dining table, a couple in the car, one or two in my purse. I made a copy of a page of a student's Plants v. Zombies still mi could talk it through with some kids. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have many other books around me, too! Plants v. Zombies is fun! My kids have loved it!

      Delete
  2. Your post is motivating me to shut my computer and go read we well! I just love book stacks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is motivating me to shut my computer and go read we well! I just love book stacks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh book stacks! I've got a couple myself! I was very proud of myself as I walked out of Barnes & Noble without a book! :) Thank you for this great post that we can related to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Walking out of B&N without a purchase is quite a feat! I have found that when I have a gift card...I usually walk out empty handed! So strange!

      Delete
  5. I have always loved the book stack on my nightstand. Right now the stack resides in the bottom drawer and there are only three books in there right now. I'm sure the pile will go up and down as they do. Good luck on tackling that pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love my stack, too! My bottom drawer has some, too, but those aren't in my current reads!

      Delete
  6. Got some great new titles off this list. Thank you. I loved PRESENT OVER PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving it, too! Glad I could add to your stack! :)

      Delete