Saturday, March 7, 2015

SOLC #7 Date Night




One of my all time favorite ways to spend time with Mr. Nabors is to go to book stores.  Now, you should know that I am a Barnes and Noble, Starbucks and find a cozy spot kind of girl.   

Nabors is more a Half Price Books, search the clearance, and search kind of guy.  I love a great bargain, but I get kinda frustrated when I can't find books that are on my list to add to my classroom. 

Tonight was a Half Price kind of night.  I looked through my section with my list in hand and walked out empty handed.  Nabs found thousands of "fabulous treasures".  There was delight in his eyes and that was enough for me!  

I got to touch, browse, and smell the books! Ahhhhh!  A perfect date night!



He did drive through Starbucks before we went to the store which was wonderful for my throat! 

Happy Girl!

5 comments:

  1. I love it, when I enter a bookstore, and i find that it's half-price weekend!!! Joy! Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does stink to leave a bookstore empty handed. I know what you mean about being on a hunt for a particular book and not being able to find it. Glad you got some coffee and a book fix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite stores for sure - any place that sells books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I used to go to B&N to browse (and often buy) books when we lived in RI. It was part of date night. He had his sections and I had mine (just as you and your hubby do). Your slice brought that memory back to me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete